VGBN Policies and Procedures
1. To provide submitted information which is true, accurate, current and complete.
2. To be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and account, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under user‚Äôs password or account.
3. To not participate in activities that: are unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable; harm minors; impersonate any person or entity; infringe on the copyright or other proprietary rights of any party; make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising (spam); transmit software viruses.
4. To evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any VGBN web site content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such content. In this regard, you acknowledge that you may not rely on any content created by VGBN or submitted to VGBN.
5. VGBN does not claim ownership of content you submit or make available for inclusion on web site. However, with respect to content you submit or make available for inclusion, you grant VGBN the a perpetual, irrevocable, world-wide, royalty free and non-exclusive license(s) to use, distribute, translate, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform and publicly display such content on the VGBN web site.
6. To indemnify and hold VGBN and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of content you submit, post, transmit or make available through the VGBN web site.
7. that VGBN shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of dealings with other organizations, parties, or entities listed on the VGBN web site.
VGBN does not guarantee the confidentiality of any information submitted. VGBN will not sell or rent information in its Online Membership Directory or vermont Green Building Guide which are freely available. VGBN will [in good faith] strive to not list members in our online membership directory who request not to be listed. Be aware that we have provided a convenient way to retrieve passwords for members and sponsor profiles and that this method is susceptible to unauthorized individuals being able to obtain passwords to these profiles.
VGBN tries but can not insure that the information presented on the VGBN web site is accurate and up to date. VGBN does not endorse or recommend any of the products or services listed. VGBN does not insure that claims made in content, including environmental responsibility, are accurate. VGBN does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials listed on the VGBN web site. VGBN shall not be responsible or liable, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any VGBN web site content. Your use of the VGBN web site is at your sole risk. The VGBN web site is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. VGBN expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
Limitation of Liability
You expressly understand and agree that VGBN shall not be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if VGBN has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the VGBN web site; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the VGBN web site; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; or (v) any other matter relating to the VGBN web site.
If work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement or intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please contact VGBN.
Trademarks: The Vermont Green Building Network and the VGBN logo, are trademarks of VGBN. Without VGBN's prior permission, you agree not to display or use in any manner, these marks.
Choice of Law and Forum: The TOU and the relationship between you and VGBN shall be governed by the laws of the State of Vermont without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You and VGBN agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the county of Chittenden, Vermont.
Waiver and Severability of Terms: The failure of VGBN to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the TOU shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the TOU is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the TOS remain in full force and effect.
VGBN shall have the right to remove any VGBN web site content that violates the TOU or is otherwise objectionable